The Mayo Street Food Festival aims to:
- Showcase the very best artisan produce Mayo has to offer, as well as the culinary expertise of local chefs
- Strengthen co-operation between local stakeholders in the food and drink industry
- Strengthen community spirit and pride of place
- Promote the county of Mayo as a premier food destination in Ireland
- Shine a light on the quality and diversity of food available throughout the region
The festival comprises two main areas – the ‘canteen’ tent and the producers’ marketplace. The cream of local chefs host the ‘canteen’ tent, where they work side by side, offering affordable dishes with a street food focus, reflecting their own individual establishments. In the marketplace, artisan producers sell a range of wonderful products – from chocolate to sea salt and everything in between!
It’s not to be missed!
The 2019 festival has a new home on Bridge Lane – the laneway between Bridge Street bar and Elvery’s, in the heart of the county capital of Castlebar.
The Mayo Street Food Festival committee:
Sarah Ní Shuilleabhain, Siobhan Foody, Keith Bourke, Sean Bourke, Audrey Bouvard, Mark Cadden, Ivan Carroll, Aran McMahon, John Mulroy, Paul O’Neill, Barry Ralph, Kevin Stirzaker, Shirley Stirzaker, Declan Swift.