The third annual Mayo Street Food Festival returns to tantalise the tastebuds on Sunday, September 8 in Castlebar. The event aims to showcase the very best of Mayo’s food scene, highlighting the fantastic artisan produce Mayo has to offer, as well as the culinary expertise of local chefs, with plenty of music and entertainment along the way. This year, the popular feast is on the move! Bridge Lane – part of the Greenway route through Mayo’s county town – will play host to the festival.
Mayo Street Food Festival introduces new Castlebar Food Series
In the build-up to the big day, organisers Sarah Ní Shuilleabhain and Siobhan Foody and their team of community volunteers are delighted to announce that, the cream of local restaurants and bars are teaming up to run a fundraising Food Series of events in Castlebar in advance of the festival – with the first in the series kicking off next week.
First to the pass is:
- A delicious Mayo Ingredients food demo at Rua on Tuesday, June 18
- A wonderful wine event at the Dining Room on Wednesday, June 19
- A limited edition festival burger in Mulroy’s for International Burger Day on June 20
- A special 4-course evening dinner at The Brewery Cup on Friday, June 28
- Greenway Foraging & Picnic with House of Plates head chef Barry Ralph on June 30
- A comedy bingo curveball at Bridge Street on Friday, July 12
- An end-of-season BBQ in The Bay Leaf on August 28.
Tickets for these events are on sale now from the venues, with some or all of the proceeds going towards raising much-needed funds for the festival.
More events are yet to be announced as part of the food series calendar so watch this space and see our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MayoStreetFoodFest) for more details. Your support would be very much appreciated.
– Don’t forget to put Mayo Street Food Festival in your diary!